How to File a Claim / Report Property Damage
Western Municipal Water District is committed to providing its customers with a safe and reliable supply of water. We strive to maintain our infrastructure and facilities in top condition to ensure the steady supply of water to our customers’ homes and businesses. We do
realize that sometimes a leak will occur that may potentially cause damage to a homeowner’s property or other conditions may exist that could potentially cause damage.
Determining if a Claim ExistsTo determine if the damage is the District’s responsibility and whether or not a damage claim is warranted, please review the following information by clicking the link: When it comes to water damage to your property, who is responsible? After carefully reading this information and if it is determined that a claim is warranted, a claim form must be submitted to the District in order to begin the investigation process.
Submitting a Claim Form
Click this link to find the claim form, once the claim form is completed, make sure to print a copy for your records and submit the completed form to the District through the online process. Once the claim is submitted, an automatic email confirmation will be
generated acknowledging receipt of the claim.
For those submitting a claim to the District and do not have dedicated email client, please fill out the form and send via regular mail or email directly to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim submittal online does not guarantee receipt of claim. Claimant is responsible for following up with Risk Management by calling
951.571.7264 or 951.571.7245.
The Risk Management department will investigate all claims made against the District as we have a responsibility to protect you as a customer from frivolous claims that eventually increase the cost of services provided. We will contact you if additional information
is required to complete the investigation process. The Risk Management department will provide a status update of the claim in the mail within 10 – 30 working days from receipt of the claim.
Information Needed To File a Claim:
- Name of the person filing the claim, address, phone number, email address, if available, date of birth.
- Witness(es) name, address, and phone number.
- List the date, time and place and circumstances of the incident/claim.
- Provide a general description of the incident/claim, injury, damage or loss as it may be known at the time of the submission of the claim.
- Provide name(s) of public employees causing the injury or damage if known.
- Provide the amount of the claim if the total is less than $10,000.00. If the amount of the claim exceeds $10,000, no dollar amount needs to be stated in the claim.
Don’t forget to:
- Submit all receipt(s) for the amount being claimed.
- Submit photographs, if available regarding this incident/claim.
- Print a copy of the claim form for your records.
Alternative Delivery Methods:
The information can also be faxed or mailed.
Fax: Attention Risk Management: 951.653.0590
Mailed: Risk Management,14205 Meridian Parkway Riverside, CA 92518